The content and Information from Les Berenson MD and LesBerensonMD.com is for informational purposes only , and is no way intended for medical advice or as a substitute for medical counseling, or as treatment, cure, for any disease or health condition. Nor can it be construed as such as that would be illegal. Always work with a qualified health professional, before making any changes to your diet, supplement use, prescription drug use, lifestyle or exercise activities, about possible adverse interactions between medication you are currently taking and nutritional supplements. Each person is different, and the way you react to a particular product may be significantly different from the way other people react to a supplement or modality. Please understand you assume all risks from the use, non use or misuse of this information
- The discovery of Ivermectin in 1975 was awarded the 2015 Nobel Prize in Medicine given its global impact in reducing onchocerciasis (river blindness), lymphatic filiariasis, and scabies in endemic areas of central Africa, Latin America, India and Southeast Asia.
- Included on the WHO’s “List of Essential Medicines with now over 4 billion doses administered.
- Low rates of adverse events, with the majority mild, transient, and largely attributed to the body’s inflammatory response to the death of parasites and include itching, rash, swollen lymph nodes, joint paints, fever and headache. In a study which combined results from trials including over 50,000 patients, serious events occurred in less than 1%.
A) Over 88% improvement in PREVENTION,
B) 75% improvement for EARLY treatment, and
C) 43% improvement for LATE treatment.”
MASK 2 page protocol (updated 9-1-2021)
Dr. Pierre Kory MD, MPA – Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialist
President, Chief Medical Officer – Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance
24 randomized controlled trials including 3328 patients
Outcomes (all statistically significant except *)
- Ivermectin decreases disease course and deaths by 80-90%, CHEAP, standard course < $30.
- Ivermectin covers ALL VARIANTS (unlike vaccines that need a new vaccine for each mutation)
- Ivermectin was awarded the Nobel Prize in 2015 given its global impact.
- Included on WHO’s “List of Essential Medicines with now >4 billion doses given.
- Some hospitals using it are decreasing death by 70-90%
- Decreases Covid acquisition by 85-100% in world trials
- Study (Brazil) – 800 health care workers 0 got Covid. (In placebo control group – 57% got Covid)
- Numerous studies report low rates of adverse events, with the majority mild, transient, and largely attributed to the body’s inflammatory response to the death of parasites and include itching, rash, swollen lymph nodes, joint paints, fever and headache.
- Trials including >50,000 patients, serious events occurred in less than 1%.
- Studies have shown Ivermectin to be efficacious for prevention as well as treatment.
- In a study of 304 people that had COVID in their household the half that got the placebo had a 58.4% chance of getting symptoms. The half that got ivermectin got 7.4% chance of developing symptoms.
- Reduced inflammatory markers (CRP, D-Dimer, ferritin)
- Reduced time to viral clearance
- Reduced time to clinical recovery
- Shorter duration of hospitalization
- Lower risk of hospitalization* (RR.40 (.14-1.08,p=.07)
- Lower risk of hospitalization within 12 hours of randomization
- Reduced mortality by 56% (23% – 75%)
Complications and if side effects form vaccines or variants:
I-RECOVER Management Protocol for Long Haul COVID-19 Syndrome
Drs. Paul Marik MD , and Pierre Kory MD of Frontline Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance
(Clinicians with 200 yrs. combined experience in Critical Care & Emergency Medicine)
Ivermectin and MASK – MATH Protocols (Outpatient and Hospital)
MATH+ Protocol – HOSPITAL TREATMENT PROTOCOL FOR COVID-19
Ivermectin in COVID-19
Frequently Asked Questions on Ivermectin
A summary of the published data supporting the rationale for Ivermectin use in our I-MASK+ protocol
Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines –
Gold Standard review of 24 randomized trials conducted in 15 countries among more than 3400 people worldwide proving infections fall and deaths are dramatically reduced when ivermectin is administered. Published in the American Journal therapeutics the most rigorous statistical standards replied by world leading researchers biostatistician – Mr. Andrew Bryant and a medical doctor and researcher Dr. Tess Lawrie
More remarkable are studies with people already sick and symptomatic with COVID-19:
Studies that came out in October showed remarkable results in pre-symptomatic Covid19 disease as well as symptomatic disease. In a study of 304 people that had COVID in their household the half that got the placebo had a 58.4% chance of getting symptoms. The half that got ivermectin got 7.4% chance of developing symptoms. Other pre-symptomatic studies have shown similar results.
NIH has upgraded their recommendation and now considers Ivermectin an option for use in COVID-19.
Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines
was published online June 17, 2021, by the American Journal of Therapeutics.
It concludes, “Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.”
Who are these critical care / Pulmonary doctors?
- Paul E. Marik – MD, FCCM, FCCP
Endowed Professor of Medicine
Chief, Div. of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
- Pierre Kory – MD, MPA
Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialist
President, Frontline COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC Alliance)
- G. Umberto Meduri – MD
Professor of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine and Research Services
Memphis V.A. Medical Center
- Joseph Varon – MD, FCCP, FCCM
Chief of Staff & Chief of Critical Care
United Memorial Medical Center, Houston, TX
- Jose Iglesias – DO
Assoc. Prof., Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall
Dept. of Nephrology & Critical Care, Community Medical Center
Dept. of Nephrology, Jersey Shore University Medical Center; Neptune, NJ
- Keith Berkowitz – MD, MBA
Medical Director, Center for Balanced Health
Voluntary Attending Physician, Lenox Hill Hosp. New York, NY
- Howard Kornfeld – MD
Board Certified: Emergency Med., Pain Med., Addiction Med.
President, Pharmacology Policy Institute, Clinical Faculty
Pain Fellowship Program, Univ. of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine
Founder & Medical Director, Recovery Without Walls; Mill Valley, California
- Fred Wagshul – MD
Pulmonologist & Med. Dir., Lung Center of America
Clinical Instructor, Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, Ohio
- Scott Mitchell – MRCS
Associate Specialist, Emergency Department
Princess Elizabeth Hospital, States of Guernsey
- Eivind H. Vinjevoll – MD
Senior Consultant Anesthesiologist
Intensive Care, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesia; Volda, Norway
Dr Simon Yu MD
Dr. Pierre Kory – 2021 UPDATE on Ivermectin Science –
Latest Studies – Dr Pierre Kory famous critical care doc discuses Ivermectin that has been shown to DRAMATICALLY treat AND PREVENT Covid with almost no side effects. He reviews the studies from all over the world.
(Interview with Dr. James Lyons-Weiler) – Fact Checkers note the DATE: 1/16/2021
Jan 14, 2021 – One week after Dr. Paul Marik and Dr. Pierre Kory – founding members of the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) – along with Dr. Andrew Hill, researcher and consultant to the World Health Organization (WHO), presented their data before the NIH Treatment Guidelines Panel,
NIH has upgraded their recommendation and
now considers Ivermectin an option for use in COVID-19.
Their recommendation has now been upgraded to the same level as those for widely used monoclonal antibodies & convalescent plasma, which is a “neither for nor against” recommendation. The significance of this change is that the NIH has decided to no longer recommend against the use of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19 by the nation’s health care providers. A consequence of this change is that ivermectin has now been made a clear therapeutic option for patients.
Read our Press Release (Jan 15, 2021).