Disclaimer: The content and Information from Les Berenson MD and LesBerensonMD.com is for informational purposes only , and is no way intended for medical advice or as a substitute for medical counseling, or as treatment, cure, for any disease or health condition. Nor can it be construed as such as that would be illegal. Always work with a qualified health professional, before making any changes to your diet, supplement use, prescription drug use, lifestyle or exercise activities, about possible adverse interactions between medication you are currently taking and nutritional supplements. Each person is different, and the way you react to a particular product may be significantly different from the way other people react to a supplement or modality. Please understand you assume all risks from the use, non use or misuse of this information
Castor Oil packs
How to Do a Castor Oil Pack – Bridgit Donner, LAc, FDNP MAIN BENEFITS OF CASTOR OIL – Topical application of castor oil can prove to be extremely helpful for many parts of the body, both inside and outside.
1. ANTI-INFLAMMATORY BENEFITS – Perhaps first and foremost, many people recognize castor oil for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Scientists attribute these properties to the high content of ricinoleic acid contained within a high-quality bottle of castor oil. According to a 2000 study, researchers found that castor oil might prove to be a new non-pungent anti-inflammatory agent based on their work with guinea pigs. (2)
2. DRY SKIN TREATMENT – Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, castor oil is also very good at treating irritated skin. The thick oil ensures a solid coating that can restore moisture to dry and flaky skin. Most people report that it has humectant properties, drawing moisture into the skin and restoring balance to dry patches.
3. ANTI-MICROBIAL PROPERTIES – A thick coat of castor oil on the skin is good as more than just moisturizer. Science has shown that this potent oil is antimicrobial as well. (3) If the struggle with your skin is related to a potential bacterial infection, castor oil can help combat the problem. Small amounts of it can be used as a first aid application to keep bacteria from taking over a wound.
4. CIRCULATION IMPROVEMENTS – Castor oil is also thought to improve your overall circulation. Improving the blood flow to certain areas of the body can help with the detox. Many people choose to use their castor oil packs to promote circulation around the liver and other abdominal organs that could use a little extra support.
5. IMMUNE SUPPORT – If your immune system needs a boost, castor oil packs have been shown to increase lymphocyte production and T-cell lymphocyte activity throughout the body. This essentially means that castor oil packs are responsible for initiating the immune response throughout the body. Your immune system will stand stronger against unwanted viruses, bacteria, and possibly even cancer cells. (4)
How to use a Castor Oil pack
“This grassroots, topical treatment should be adopted as a regular health practice. It helps return the body to balance by enhancing its natural rhythm, coordinating the body’s regulatory systems and connecting you to your source. No matter what condition you are dealing with, the castor oil pack will help you finally feel better.”
Dr. Marisol Teijeiro – Naturopathic Doctor and Innovator of the Queen of the Thrones™ Castor Oil Pack